We respect your privacy. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use our site, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information UCC may collect and how we may use it.
- When you contact us via the Web site, or purchase a product we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on UCC’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. You may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve UCC’s products, services, and customer communications.
We also collect non-personal information / data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an UCC product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
Your browser settings may allow you to block these cookies, but we recommend you have them enabled to help us personalize your experience of our website.
Safeguarding your information
To safeguard your personal information, we take precautions including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
UCC/Seal-Once is intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.